Prairie Lutheran Church
Eden Prairie, MN
Prairie Lutheran Church is an Eden Prairie-based congregation with a mission of making Christ known by building a community of disciples.
We have an immediate opening for a Director of Children’s Ministry. This individual will coordinate and oversee a dynamic children and family ministry program including: Implement educational programming for children from preschool to 6th grade; facilitate a family faith formation/milestones program; recruit and equip mentor/leaders; initiate and build relationships with children, adults, and families to enrich their faith.
An ideal candidate will have a four year college degree (or more) with an emphasis in ministry and 3 to 5 years experience in Children/Family ministry, be energetic, and well organized. Hours are flexible (3/4 to FT), to include Wednesday nights, Sunday mornings, and Summer programming. Benefits available.
View full position description under the “Contact Us” tab at plcchurch.org. For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to Nancy Frishmon (email@example.com)
Prairie Lutheran Church
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
Full Job Description
Summary of Position
A successful Director of Children’s Ministry (infants through sixth grade) will oversee a multi-year strategy, garner resources (time, people and money), and execute the strategy with successful outcomes. The Children’s Ministry strategy will be aligned with and in support of Prairie Lutheran’s mission, vision, core values, strategy, annual programming, other ministries, and be biblically-based. Key leadership elements of this role include communicating the Children’s Ministry strategy in order to: engage children to seek an active and confident faith, equip parents to be the primary resource in their child’s/children’s faith journey, energetically recruit and train volunteers to come alongside each student and partner in the delivery of the Children’s Ministry programming, and to embolden each child’s faith team to enable an active and confident faith rooted in Christ’s mission.
1. Create/develop, organize, and direct all aspects of Children’s Ministry programming that will attract families and equip children to experience an ongoing, life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ. Ensure the programming is biblically-based and incorporates the five Holy Habits of worship, learning, serving, giving and prayer.
2. Collaborate with Lead Pastor and/or the position’s supervisor and all other staff members to create aligned ministry goals and
messages for/throughout the entire congregation.
3. Collaborate with other staff members to equip parents to be the primary resource in their child/children’s faith journey. Equip and partner with parents by providing them with training and resources to become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families.
4. Develop relationships with a broad number of students and parents through programming, intentional face to face meetings, and outside relational contact work.
5. Keep current with innovations in Children’s and Family Ministries.
6. Inspire, recruit, and train volunteers for Children’s Ministry.
7. Create both qualitative and quantitative measures to determine progress/effectiveness.
8. Pioneer continuous faith learning by encouraging daily Bible and/or devotional study, foster spiritual discussion with each child’s faith team, and the framing of daily life through the prism of the teachings of Jesus Christ and Martin Luther.
9. Create and execute a communication plan in support of the above responsibilities.
10. Be able to create and pivot to meaningful ministries during the 2020 pandemic to ensure seamless contact with students and their families.
Education & Experience:
∙ Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3-5 years of leadership experience; preferred candidates will also have 3-5 years of work experience with children and/or volunteers
A. Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and a Christ-centered lifestyle demonstrated through references and the interview process
B. Solid knowledge of the Bible demonstrated through teaching/work experience and/or study of Scripture
C. Proven passion for children and working with volunteers and parents
D. Proven leadership skills demonstrated by a growing and/or maintaining a strong Children’s Ministry team and program
E. Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated collegial and team building skills; passionate about showing hospitality to parents and children
F. Strong written and oral communication skills
G. Ability to deal with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing faith community
H. Ability to facilitate and influence a variety of stakeholders
I. Strong technology acumen, particularly in computers, social media, and Microsoft Office Suite
Prairie Lutheran is an Equal Opportunity Employer