Send your kids on a roaring adventure! Through hands-on Bible stories, fun songs, science experiments, outdoor games, and tasty snacks, kids will discover that even though life gets wild, God is good!
Register your kids online here! We can't wait to have your child join us on this wild adventure at PLC!
Parents -- some things to note:
• Ages of participants: 3 year olds (and potty-trained) to those kids who are going into 4th grade (19’-20’ school year).
• Each registered VBS participant (and volunteer) will receive a free custom VBS t-shirt, IF they register by June 1st, 2019.
• We will do our best to honor any requests to keep your child with her/his friends or siblings.
• Please come inside the church Sanctuary each morning to check your child in and out.
Feel free to come anytime from 8:50-9:00 am and 11:40am-12:00pm.
Parents: Join us each morning for our VBS Closing at 11:40am for a fun recap of our day together.
• We will be collecting donations throughout the week for PROP, our local food shelf. Your kids will hear about this throughout
• Save the date!!! – VBS kids perform at Starring Lake Park (June 17th at 9am)
On the Sunday following VBS, we invite the VBS kids and leaders to join us for a special Outdoor Worship at Starring Lake! This is an
opportunity for the kids to wear their VBS shirts and sing the theme song up on the amphitheater stage.
We need your help! Sign up here to volunteer during VBS week.
• VBS LEADER TRAINING – June 2 or 5
A mandatory VBS Training session for leaders will be on two separate dates. Leaders must attend one of the two dates below. Those
leaders who cannot attend must schedule a one-on-one meeting with the VBS Director.
Sunday, June 2 – 10am in the Great Hall
Wednesday, June 5 – *7pm in the Great Hall
OTHER WAYS TO HELP WITH VBS
• HELP WITH PREP - decorate, create and organize
Come to PLC and help during one of the VBS Prep Days. Help with a variety of jobs from organizing, counting, decorating, painting, and more. Bring your kids! Come when you can!
Wednesday, May 29 from 6:00-7:00pm – organize supplies
Monday, June 3 from 12:00-4:00 pm – cut foam, decorate, paint, organize
Wednesday, June 5 from 6:00-7:00pm* – Leader Training Session following from 7-8pm
Thursday, June 8 from 10:00am-12:00pm – put set together, decorate
Friday, June 7 from 12:00-4:00pm – decorate rooms
Sunday, June 9 from 11am-1pm – final set-up
• DONATE SNACKS – donate snack/food items
Help us feed our hungry kids and volunteers during VBS. Sign up online here to bring in a snack or food item.
• HELP WITH THIS YEAR’S MISSION PROJECT – PROP
This year our Mission Focus for VBS is PROP, which is a local non-profit organization that helps provide food and other resources to families in need. We will be lifting up PROP’s Summer Food for Kids Program and help the VBS kids learn about hunger in our area, and ways that they can help. PROP stands for people reaching out to other people, and that’s exactly what it does.
PLC has agreed to sponsor one month of SNACK PACKS. The VBS kids will be encouraged to bring in and donate granola bars, raisins, and applesauce during VBS. Our goal is to collect 600 of each of these snack. To learn more about PROP and their Summer Food for Kids program, go to propfood.org.
VBS AND BEYOND!
Did you know that after VBS at is done at PLC, all of the stage decorations, props, posters, extra supplies and more are donated to other churches in the area? This year PLC is partnering with these churches to keep VBS going throughout the summer:
• Immanuel Lutheran Church, Eden Prairie
• Normandale Lutheran Church, Edina
• Wildfire Churches – a consortium of 8 churches in NW Minneapolis area